Sunday, July 6, 2008

Day Two

I’ve never purposely sat down to spin and use it as a meditative practice. That being said, it has all the earmarks that meditating used to have for me. My back starts killing me. My mind spins out of control (look at Addi running in her sleep and oh, everyone else is passed out too. They are making that dog star pattern around me again. What is that anyway? Wish I could sit outside and spin – tomorrow I’ll sit on the front porch ‘cause the neighbors might be finally sleeping. Should I do a load of laundry before I go to sleep? WOOLEE WINDER!!) and so on before I remember to go back to my breath and whoosh, my hands soften and I relax and I can’t get over how beautiful everything is.

Alpaca sure is sweet to spin.

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

One day I hope to learn how to spin. I see all the beautiful roving and think "Wow--the things I could do".

But I think it's like dying my own yarn. I'd get excited, go through the trouble, and screw it up. So I will just envy you :)