Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!


Just about Thanksgiving, and am engaged in the mad scramble to get ready. Going to the in-laws, where it is said no one is happy unless someone leaves crying. I used to be the one crying, but thank heavens for the gift of middle age and not caring.

I've been working on a sweater for Mom. I'm using woolly-nice Cottage Craft, dark blue. It's beautiful yarn, full of texture and squeezability. I've never used Bartlett Yarns, but I understand it is a lot like theirs. (The link is for informative purposes only and unfortunately, I would not recommend ordering from them. PM me if you would like to hear a bit of sadness.)

She had picked out a pattern called Sea Captain's Pullover (basic ribbed turtleneck) but just the thought of all that ribbing made my hands ache. Three patterns later, I started a sweater using the Top-Down Raglan Generator and have loved knitting it. I've made so many mistakes though, and have a sinking feeling she is going to look like pre-juiced Violet from Willy Wonka's Chocolate Factory. The fact that I threw in quite a few increases across the front, giving it a pulled in effect just under the neck, greatly enhances my mind's eye picture of Mom rolling around Maine as a blueberry.

She's going to love it.

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

Oompa Loompa. LOL! It's beautiful yarn, and remember, she chose the pattern! Glad to see you updated. Love seeing your work! :)