Sunday, June 10, 2007

Busy

We've been having a neighborhood cat problem for the last year and a half. Someone across the street "let out" a bunch of cats (rumor has it 30 or more). We've spayed 8 or 9 so far and placed I don't know how may kittens in homes and/or shelters. I found an abandoned litter yesterday (won't get into where) and look at this wee fellow:



He's purring! There are three (one died last night) and they are only a week old. The mother is gone so I have been bottlefeeding them. Believe it or not, it is easier to bottlefeed than it is to catch kittens or semi-feral cats. Still, it is an awful situation that could have been remedied so easily. I've been trying to trap a pregnant female for a week now and she's been the trickiest little thing.

I finished a sock last Thursday, and cast on for the second. I just love Opal sock yarn! I can't believe how fluffy and soft they are compared to the ones I knit four years ago though.



Highland Triangle is going to be very big I think. It is coming along nicely. The wool is very hairy so it is hard to see the pattern but it will block out beautifully.



If there is anything I love as much as knitting, its gardening. Flowers are starting to bloom, broccoli is coming in and we've had strawberries and lettuces for a couple of weeks now. Yellow squash is on its way, and tomatoes.



The wigelia is blooming, the roses and bridal wreath.



This is a smaller garden that is a mix of perennials and annuals. My gardening is kind of like my knitting. I do well with small areas, but have trouble "seeing" big. Come to think of it, both are rumblety-tumbley too.



Off to clean the wool room. I have Dulaan things to get out this week and need to finish them up!

No comments: