Sunday, November 18, 2007

One Skein Shawl


I didn't do the pretty trim like the pattern (Knitters Review One Skein Shawl) calls for. This is the best shot I could come up with. It was a bear to take a photo of.

My mom bought me the ceramic pin at The Rooms when we were up there. It's handmade by A.C. Guest and she called it "Ode to Newfoundland" after Sir Cavendish Boyle's poem:

When spreads thy cloak
of shimm'ring white
at winter's stern command.
Thro' shortened day
and starlit night
We love thee frozen land.

We love thee, we love thee,
We love thee frozen land.

Orion is back. I was looking for him two weeks ago and Friday night after knitting, I looked up and there he was. We're supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow tonight. It's toes up to the woodstove for three months now.

3 comments:

Betharoopie said...

That shawl is gaw-jus! :)

And that pic of the kitties...? Perfection.

Hope you have many warm snuggly evenings!

Betharoopie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lynnette said...

So did you get that snow? We just got rain here.

I know when Orion is in the sky I am closer to another year older. He keeps me company for my birthday.

Beautiful shawl! And I love the pin.