Thursday, October 16, 2008

A Meme

Knitting is such a huge part of my life that I don't even think about what my husband thinks about me doing it so much. It's become a way of life to make things - something soothing to fall back on when I'm stressed or down or feeling great. I came across this interview on Alison's blog and loved it so am going to see what's what with the other half downstairs.

Me: What is your favorite thing about my knitting?

Tom: It keeps you busy and once in a while I get a few projects to keep my ass warm.

Me: What is your least favorite thing about my knitting?

T: It's an obsession.

Me: What is something I have knitted, that you recall as good?

T: My awesome green sweater.

Me: Do you think knitters have an expensive hobby?

T: Not compared to people that shop at Bloomingdales.

Me: Do you have a stash of any kind?

T: A stash of what? I have a house full of stash, dowsing stuff, books, rocks.... [and on and on].

Me: Have I ever embarrassed you, knitting in public?

T: Oh fuck yeah.

Me: Do you know my favorite kind of yarn?

T: Merino.

Me: Can you name another blog?

T: Tinkers Without a Cause. [Does this even exist?]

Me: Do you mind my wanting to stop at knit shops wherever we go?

T: No.

Me: Do you understand the importance of a swatch?

T: [I censored this because he said something really stupid and pissed me off. He protested but I ignored him. Trust me. It's not worth it.]

Me: Do you read Knitting Moonsilver?

T: No.

Me: Have you ever left a comment?

T: No.

Me: Do you think the house would be cleaner if I didn't knit?

T: Your mess is nothing compared to my mess.

Me: Anything you'd like to add?

T: I think that spinning, weaving and the myriad ways of working thread mirror the intricacies of being a woman, taking loose ends and making things out of nothing.

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

Knitting also allows us to take nothing and stretch it to fit (blocking), and to take nothing and magically make it work for our families, like taking the little bit of money we have or little bit of food in our pantries and making a meal or making it last a week.

Everyone should be as resourceful as a knitting woman!

(Tell Tom I love him anyway!)