Sunday, January 20, 2008

Cold Again

I can't believe it's already Sunday! There is something inherently wrong with jamming so many fun things to do in two days. Here is where I'm at with Highland Triangle:



I just love knitting this shawl. I've got I think eight or ten more rows to do before I start the last edging. I was hoping to get it finished in time for January 25, Burns Nicht, but we'll see. I'm very excited too because Northanger Abbey is on tonight and that is just knitting bliss for me.

This is even more exciting at the moment though. This is a bag a lovely woman in our knitting group gave to me because she couldn't get it to felt. It was absolutely huge - something like two and a half feet by three. She'd left a small ball of the leftover wool inside so I burned it to see what it was and sure enough, wool and silk. I'm almost positive it was Noro Silk Garden. Three hours of felting while I cleaned the house and look! Isn't it just gorgeous? Gargantuan bag to svelt, sexy under the shoulder clutch. I can't wait to give it to her but I want to find a button first. It needs just the proper button.

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

Beautiful shawl, and what a lovely bag!!!! The colors are amazing...and only 3 hours to felt (LOL!)