Sunday, April 27, 2008

Almost two weeks

I can't believe how fast the time goes. I haven't any progress on knitting to report. though I am half heartedly working on the Blue Jeans Lace shawl. Mostly gardening over here when I can - catching up with spring, madly chasing shad flies and also refinishing two old Adirondack chairs my aunt gave me.

There is something new though. Yesterday I rode with a couple of ladies from the knitting group to see The Chancellor's Sheep & Wool Showcase. A perfect size for a country fair, there were 20 vendors, sausage and peppers, a sheep dog demonstration and bagpipes playing. The group of spinners looked awfully happy on the lawn. Clermont is beautiful and I think I will go back in June to see the gardens because the gardener was so enthusiastic.

I met some Ravelers and was able to buy some of their gorgeous wool (mostly laceweight - pictures will have to come later). Bought two bags of Cormo to spin and I'm really looking forward to it because I've never tried it before. All winter I did not spin because I could not get settled in a place. The living room would have been nice but the woodstove will warp the wheel. The kitchen is too cold to spin in and my bedroom also. I know I could have moved it back and forth but honestly I guess I just wasn't into spinning for a while. I am going to spin in my conservatory now and finish the shetland I'd started last fall.

3 comments:

Lynnette said...

What a wonderful time it must have been to go to the Sheep and Wool Showcase--I am so jealous! I can't wait to see what you bought AND what you spin!

mathcutie said...

Ughh, I wish I could've been there.

mathcutie said...

Thora - I'm totally blog-stalking you. Why no posts? Why?!