Sunday, June 8, 2008

What I've Been Up To

I don't know where to start! I guess outside because that is where I've been spending the most time. The lilacs and quince came and went:



The bridal wreath bushes are blooming with the wigelia:





One of my jobs was supposed to have been to paint the trim on the house but I got to paint chairs instead:



The trim was a nasty, flesh color. I don't know what the hell I was thinking, but now its a pretty blue:



Phoenix and Max in front of the garden a month ago. Phene just had his fourteenth birthday.



And what the garden looks like now:



I can't resist a couple of shots of flowers.





We cleared an area in the back. This ropey trunk is wysteria (otherwise known as hysteria).



I finished Blue Jeans Lace Shawl:



And have been working on Swallowtail:



Friday night, I was having such a good time I whaled through an entire repeat without counting. I spent what felt like ages tinking back rows and this morning I started the Lily of the Valley border 1.

I've been spinning also but forgot to take photos.

3 comments:

Betharoopie said...

Dang, girl - you've been BUSY! The garden looks beautiful. I wish I had green thumb talent. Or desire. ;)

Susanna said...

Your garden looks so lovely. You knitted a lot. How is fluttered sleeves going? I will finish mine soon.

mathcutie said...

Those are great pics. I love the one of the dogs!