Saturday, June 14, 2008

Knit in Public Day

For knit in public day, I knit on the front lawn instead of the back. Maybe someone saw me.

Nupps are tricksy little beasties. For the life of me, I can't purl 5 together so the way I've been knitting them is to slip 2, purl 3 tog, pass 2 over. It works for the most part, though even with keeping the yos as loose as I can, pushing the three to the edge of the needle and pulling the three stitch base down with my left forefinger and thumb I still have trouble. Often I end up slipping four, stretching that fifth yo out an inch and slipping two back to purl 3 together. It gets convoluted and slow but I am happy to say I only have two rows of nupps left. They are kind of bi polar nupps in that they aren't lined up neatly and in order, but nupps they are. As troublesome as it sounds, I've loved knitting Swallowtail. The yarn is just beautiful too.



When I finish Swallowtail, I want to make Helena for little Emily. It's the prettiest little sweater and I think she'll look adorable in it.

My rumpled garden looks like a crazy quilt. I pretty much suck at taking pictures of it entire, but here is a white rose. I have not (knock on wood) seen one Japanese Beetle yet this season so this little one has had a grand time. I counted at least fifteen blooms so far.



Can't resist the delphiniums again! I am so in love with them. That's yellow strife to the right and wild indigo pods on the bottom left. I absolutely must remember for once to save the pods for seeds.



The clematis and sweet pea are in a race and should bloom in the next week. I never got around to giving all the sweet pea here a place to grow on instead of sprawled out on the ground so I'm really excited.



Pink stuff, weeds and yellow primrose. I really should keep a garden journal.

2 comments:

mathcutie said...

You should [keep a gardening journal]! You really have a green thumb.

Lynnette said...

Beautiful flowers! And I knit on my porch for KIP day. I knit at Nicholas' baseball practice today and some little boy watched me. Does that count?

Swallowtail is beautiful--love the color!!