Thursday, February 14, 2008

Be My Valentine

Gone are the passions, the tears and the joys
Of yesterday's romances, sweethearts and boys,
I remember the letters, the poems, the proses,
The phone calls, the outings, the chocolates, the roses.
But dearer to me than the prettiest posey
Is the dew drop that hangs from your little wet nosey.
Reclusive, illusive, wandering nightly,
Unprickle the charms that you've rolled up so tightly.
You shy little treasure, I wish you were mine,
I wish you would love me, be my Valentine.
Please stay here and share my life, don't go away,
Oh wild one, dear Hedgehog, my love of today.

Be My Valentine
Elaine Drewery

2 comments:

Lynnette said...

Now THAT'S a Valentine's Day poem.

And when were those romances anyway? I don't remember...maybe high school. LOL

At least my cats (most of them) and my doggy still love me.

Thora said...

I had a picture of a hedgehog from the National Geographic site but it seemed like stealing, so Addi & Phoenix had to do.