Saturday, February 9, 2008

In February

Highland Triangle is finished.



Worked on this for a while (Lotus Blossom Shawl) but it's too fine a yarn and who am I kidding, I won't finish it at this weight. It is Malabrigo Lace (color Jewel Blue 32) and oh my goodness, it is the loveliest stuff. Everything about it - the color, its loft and softness - makes me want to squeal. It's reminding me of summer. Anyway, I'd like the colors of Lotus to be red, pink, pale yellow to creamy white (like lotus flowers) but can't find the colors yet.



Finished one Monkey, cast on for the second (Mountain Colors Barefoot, colorway Eureka):



I'm a little all over the place here, but ended up using Brooks Farm to knit the Shoulder Shawl in cherry leaf pattern from Victorian Lace Today:

3 comments:

Betharoopie said...

OOOh - I love how Monkey looks in Bearfoot. I'm participating in a sockalong in March, and I've been pondering what yarn to use, since the pattern can get really lost in heavy striping. That looks great, and I have some in my stash...

Beautiful work all around, girl! Here I am still truckin' along on baby blanket #2, and you've practically got an entire wardrobe! :) See you soon!

Lynnette said...

Wonderful job on that Highland Triangle! And the Monkey looks brilliant in that yarn! Tom is a good yarn picker outer!

It is hard when you are using a yarn, then switch to a really really fine yarn for a shawl and you're going, "This is like knitting with sewing thread".

Lynnette said...

Hey nice buttons over there on that side of the blog. :)

I usually put the < p> < /p> breaks in between my buttons. (I looked after I got off the phone with you)

And hey, if you want me to knit you an illusion scarf with om mani padme hum in it, you write the pattern, and I'll knit it LOL!!!!!