Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunny

I started the border for the Cherry Leaf Shoulder Shawl I'm working on Friday. Six attempts and I finally got it. The chart's right and wrong side baffled me for what seemed like the longest time. I still don't know if it is supposed to be a garter edging but it is staying that way now. I'm slow at picking things up and keep thinking its good to challenge myself and learn new things. I didn't feel that way yesterday so much when I dropped the stitch where you knit together with the main shawl and three hard won repeats unzipped in a nano second in front of my disbelieving eyes. I'm such a knitting geek that one made me gasp out loud.



We had to go to Saratoga Springs yesterday and had a chance to stop by Saratoga Needle Arts. I loved the shop and found so many gorgeous lace weight wools I could have bought in a second. I was going to buy some and maybe ask for help with the border (just a second pair of eyes) but the ladies working were so nice but unbelievably busy that I just couldn't do it.

Oh, and we had a bath at the Roosevelt Bath House. The mineral water there is carbon dioxide (very bubbly) and much different than the sulphur baths at Sharon Springs. It was a perfect mid-winter treat, restorative in body and soul.

Off to Whitestone to see the rellies but Lynnette, look!



And it was 15 this morning!

1 comment:

Lynnette said...

That border is beautiful!! And I would have gasped out loud watching my repeats unravel too, so I guess we are both knitting geeks! LOL

What a wonderful mid-winter retreat! I need one of those. Of course I'll just be lucky to get a card for my anniversary....

And I was SO excited to see your snow. I'm so glad someone else got some for a change! We just dodged a storm down by Milwaukee, but we're still supposed to get another half inch or inch today *sigh*

And hey! It's 31 here--friggin heat wave!!!!